Beautiful Memories of Love and Laughter






We've all heard it said that laughter is the best medicine, but very few heed this advice. As a matter of fact, children laugh about 400 times a day, while adults only laugh about 15 times a day. This is unfortunate because research studies have proven how laughter not only has health benefits but can have a positive impact on our marriage as well.


Laughter has a positive impact on a marriage. People look younger and more approachable when they laugh. By the same token, their laughter can be infectious and generate more laughter. Laughter eases the mundane times of marriage and can break you out of conflict. It has also been found that fun times together create a relaxed kind of intimacy that strengthens the bond between a husband and a wife.

In my marriage of 15 years, there have been many ups and downs. But laughter and love has helped us to get through all the tough times. There have been so many wonderful memories created because of our little silly mistakes.

I would like to share one such incident with you all.

I was busy cooking in the kitchen one day. My husband was out watching some cooking show. He wanted to try cooking one of the chicken dishes that was being shown on the TV.

He stepped in the kitchen and told me he wanted to cook the chicken dish. I was shocked. He had never cooked before. But he looked very confident. Looking at him so confident I decided to give it a try. I had already cooked the rice and dal. He asked me to step out of the kitchen and took charge. I went outside, switched the channel and started watching the daily soap. 

Almost after an hour later, I went to check inside to check what was happening. Well the kitchen table was a complete mess. My husband had cut his finger. But the dish seemed fine. I tasted it and it was amazing for his first try. I was really touched. And looking at the look at my face, he got very happy. 

But I was kind of upset that the kitchen was a mess. So he again offered to clean it up. Well again he messed it up more. He used the dish washing liquid too much and the sink got too bubbly and again it was a mess. It was a very cute scene. He was trying so hard and it was so funny and cute. 

There have been so many such wonderful memories between us. The combination of love, laughter, silliness, understanding and support is indeed the perfect recipe for a happily ever after. 

Share your memories too.

“This post is a part of #LoveAndLaughter activity at BlogAdda in association with Caratlane.”

Share:

0 comments