Share The Load!



https://static1.squarespace.com/static/553d90a9e4b0b45c07754107/t/5558a2c6e4b0cc5c1ee179fb/1438040335948/?format=1500w
“I promise to be with you, in good times and in bad times, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.”

These are the vows a couple takes when they get married. But unfortunately, these vows remain only some random words for the rest of the life of the couple.

When it comes to sharing the house work, it’s the responsibility of the wife only. My husband & I are both working. We share on all our financial responsibility. But when it comes to household responsibilities, it’s only me.

Many men won't do house hold chores. And it’s always the woman juggling between house and office work. I have to get up early to prepare food for the day while my husband sleeps. I do some cleaning while my husband gets up and gets ready. While getting ready, he never seems to find anything, even though its right in front of his eyes. He will call my name like a thousand times and keep asking where his stuff his. He will get ready, eat his breakfast and leave for work.

I have to wash the utensils, fill water, cook food and then leave the house for work. When we get back, my husband removes his shoes and socks and throws them here and there like a child and goes to have bath. I have to keep everything in place, heat the food and do the remaining housework. My husband comes out after having bath, puts on TV and watches some match or some other show while I work. If I ask him to help out, he has excuses ready.

Is house work only a woman’s job?

Is it not a man’s job?

                     

Here are some reasons why some men don't do chores:

1. They weren't taught by their parents and are utterly unsure of what to do.

2. They are simply used to scenario where all the men sit back around the table and the women busily work and clean the dishes without being told. These are roles that have related to gender for a long time, for better or worse.

3. They feel they did their part to go out and make money, and the house is a girly form of a job.

But this is not right. Recently I did an experiment, where I told my husband I wash not feeling good and tricked him in doing some household chores. He actually seemed to enjoy this. Somewhere I think he realised how tiring it gets and felt bad for putting the whole household pressure on one person.

From that day on he helps me in doing some little tasks like washing some utensils, keeping his things in place, doing laundry, etc.

Hope this lasts long!Let's set a wonderful example in front of our children. Ariel has come up with an amazing initiative. Check out this video.


“I am joining the Ariel #ShareTheLoad campaign at BlogAdda and blogging about the prejudice related to household chores being passed on to the next generation.”




Share:

0 comments