Do You Promise Me?




15 years ago, in August, I exchanged rings with a young man. We made vows to each other saying that we will be with each other and support each other through all the good and bad times, through all the ups and downs, through sick times and during good health. 


As time passed, we got so busy with our lives. The promises faded away. No, I am not saying that we don’t take care of each other, but it’s just that the promises have been limited to those things only.
Today morning, I came across this contest on Blogadda where we had to write about the promises or in Bollywood language kasams and vaadas that we wanted our better half’s to make.

So after a lot of pondering and thinking I have come up with a list of promises that I would be handing over to my husband tonight when he gets back.




Due to the growing responsibilities and busywork schedule, we have been spending lesser time together. So the first promise that I would like him to make is to spend more time together. It’s been ages since we had a romantic dinner due to our busy lives and I would like him to promise me to take me out someday.

Sometimes there are fights and we end up not talking to each other for a long long time. So I would like to ask him to mend things fast and to spit the anger away and not let these little fights get in our way.

 I would also like him to promise me to give little romantic surprises sometimes. I would like him to remember the special dates in our lives. If not all the dates, at least our anniversary and birthdays. Sometimes he remembers, sometimes he doesn’t.

I want him to listen. I want him to promise me that he will listen to my ramblings and the nonsense I want to share.

I want him to promise me to share the household chores. Sometimes, cook or do laundry, maybe!
I want him to be honest and sincere with me and to share all my ups and downs. Also to be humble and caring and loving.  I want to feel adored by him, to feel loved and cherished, to feel taken care of in some small way.

I want him to promise me to consider my opinion before making any important life decision and to help me with mine, to function as a team.

Promises are like babies: easy to make, hard to deliver. So hope my promises are fulfilled. 

“I’m blogging about the kasams I want from my man this Women’s Day with the #SadaSexy activity at BlogAdda in association with Set Wet.”

Share:

0 comments