The Journey Of Being A Mom!!!



Motherhood means giving life to a life unlived, it means dreaming of things yet undreamed, and sustaining hope in a hopeless world. Motherhood is the greatest gift God gave to womankind, to know that we are instruments in God’s Creation, to know that we participated in God’s purpose and plan.


The journey of being a mother is something that stays with a woman throughout her lifetime. Pregnancy and motherhood are the most beautiful and significantly life-altering events that a woman has ever experienced. Being a mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field since the payment is pure love.

Pregnancy stresses the limits of our patience. It takes us to emotional highs and lows. It changes our values as well as our shapes. But too often, we focus on the inconveniences and aches of pregnancy. While most of the woman spend these nine months being afraid and worried about the future and the health of their to be born child, there are few women who enjoy these months to the fullest and cherish every moment.

Here are two amazing pregnancy stories shared by two of my friends:-


1) At the beginning, it was all very scary. I was afraid to do anything thinking I may harm my baby. I made sure to eat only the selected food. I would think thrice before doing anything. More than anything, I used to fear if I would be able to be a perfect mother and take care of my child.

Every time I would meet some relative or some older person, they would end giving me advice about what I should do and not do. With fears and advises, I completed my 9 months and gave birth to a healthy baby girl. That’s when I realized I missed all the wonderful moments. Amidst the worries, I didn’t enjoy the beautiful moments. But when I got pregnant again for my second daughter, I made sure to enjoy the whole journey to the fullest. And this time, I had my elder daughter (who was 5 years old) to support me. It was one of the most beautiful memories.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2) Just a month after I conceived, my husband had to go back to work in Dubai. I was pregnant with twins. I moved to my mother’s house as my in laws used to live in another city. I was the first one in my friend circle to get pregnant and my friends were super excited. My younger brother was like a cherry on this cake. He would read stories to my pregnant belly and sing songs. My mom cooked my favorite meals and my dad would take care of me whenever I felt sick. He would accompany me to the doctor. The first time when I felt my baby kick was really beautiful.

During the last trimester, I wasn’t able to travel much and preferred staying at home. My friends would visit me and get me my favorite dishes. When the baby came, the hospital waiting room was crowded. My husband came down for a few days to meet his sons. The love and care I received and the feeling of a child being a part of your body is something that I will cherish forever.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the course of your pregnancy, it's hard not to marvel at the little bit of destiny growing inside you and follow its progress with acute interest: two cells, then four, then eight. The size of a pea, then a peanut. A heartbeat, fingers, toes. Inside you. Take part in this miracle of life and enjoy it to the fullest.


“I’m writing about my wonderful journey of pregnancy for the #YummyMummy blogging activity at BlogAdda in association with Marico Bio Oil.”

Share:

0 comments